Thursday 4 February 2016

The Painted troops

Thought I would show a few pictures of my army that is fully painted. Please excuse the photography it was done on my phone with a backdrop i quickly printed off.

First up is my 1st Tactical Squad. These were my first models in this army.


The 2nd Tactical squad I bought off of ebay and were in a poor state. I don't by any stretch of my imagination think I'm an excellent painter but I am happy with how they ended up.

Before:




Into the Dettol!

A quick comparisson:
  

After:





Next up my scouts that were also off of ebay. I cannot remember if I stripped these or they came unpainted?



My Captain:

Before:

After:

Darnath Lysander was given to me in return for me buying one of the lads a few coffees. It is the metal one as well which was really nice of him. The only bit missing was his skull and scroll from on top but I made one out of my bits box.



Chaplain in terminator armour, a fairly recent one I have finished:


My Thunderfire cannon. I love this guy he can wipe out loads of troops. I will be getting a couple more of these in the future. I really wasn't impressed with the fine cast model though. The plating on the Thunderfire cannon was really badly warped and although I attempted to reshape it in boiling water it is still pretty annoyingly warped as you can see on the second picture.




My Devastator squad

My dreadnought. This was my first attempt at weathering/chipping a model and I wasn't really happy with it as I over did it a bit, but it's a learning curve. He started off already painted from ebay once again.







And that is all I have fully painted. I shall be keeping the pictures up to date from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment